Call Today 516.246.2449
Frequently Asked Questions About Slip and Fall Accidents

Questions on Slip & Fall Accidents in Massapequa

What is a slip & fall / trip & fall accident?

A slip and fall accident occurs when a wet or slippery floor causes a person to fall and injure themselves on someone else’s property. This can happen due to spills in stores, rain or snow not cleaned up in a timely manner, or any number of other hazards that can cause slipping. A trip and fall accident differs in that there is an obstruction which causes a person to fall and injure themselves. This can include worn or uneven flooring, cracks in sidewalks, and obstacles in walkways.

Who is responsible for my slip & fall accident?

According to the laws concerning premises liability, if a property owner is negligent in seeing to the reasonable safety of the visitors to his property, then they could be held accountable for the accident. This includes the City of New York if you are injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident on property owned and operated by the city, such as the subway. The laws and time limits on bringing a claim against the city may vary, so make sure you take quick legal action.

What compensation will I receive if I am injured?

After negligence is established on the part of the property owner, you may be able to recover medical expenses, lost wages, and other expenses due to your injury. If you suffered a serious injury due to a slip and fall, you could be entitled to long-term medical care as well as compensation for your mental anguish and loss of enjoyment of life. Every case is unique, so it is important that you consult with a knowledgeable slip and fall lawyer in Nassau County as soon as possible.

How do I file a claim for a slip & fall accident?

If you suffered an injury on property owned by the city you must file a notice of claim within 90 days of the accident. If you are late in filing your claim, it will most likely be denied. The most effective way to ensure a claim is filed exactly per legal procedure is to retain an experienced personal injury attorney. At our firm, we can assist you in any of these matters to help you achieve the best possible outcome.

Contact a Massapequa slip and fall attorney for more answers to your questions. You can reach James J. Quail & Associates, P.C. at 516.246.2449.

What Makes Our Firm Different?

  • Boutique Law Firm With Direct Access to Attorney

  • Results-Oriented and Client-Focused Legal Counsel

  • Full Understanding of Real Estate and Injury Laws

  • Thorough Preparation and Review of All Documents