Skip to Content
James J. Quail & Associates, P.C. James J. Quail & Associates, P.C.
Free Consultations 516-246-2449
Trip & Fall Accidents

Massapequa Trip & Fall Attorney

Representing Clients Throughout Nassau & Suffolk Counties

There are many different circumstances that could bring about a trip and fall accident. In certain cases, the responsibility for the accident lies with the property owner. Under such conditions, it is your right to obtain compensation for any damages you may have suffered. A property owner, city, or other party cannot be held liable for every incident of a trip and fall accident, so it is important that you discuss your claim with a seasoned Massapequa trip and fall lawyer as soon as possible.

You can set up a free consultation with James J. Quail & Associates, P.C. when you call (516) 246-2449.

What Is the Property Owner’s Duty?

It is the property owner’s duty to provide reasonable safety to visitors. If they are negligent in any way, it creates hazardous conditions, which could ultimately cause an accident. Obstructed walkways and stairways combined with poor lighting could cause tripping hazards. Worn out carpets / flooring and uneven or obstructed sidewalks are also potentially dangerous. If you have experienced a slip and fall or trip and fall accident on subway platforms or stairs due to negligence from the New York City Transit Authority, you only have 90 days in which to file a notice of claim. It is very important to act quickly.

Whose Fault Is It?

Many people feel that a trip and fall accident is the fault of the victim. While that may be true in some cases, it is not always so. If the fault is the property owner’s, a full investigation needs to be conducted in order to gather the evidence needed to develop a strong claim. All documentation must be precise to help support your chances of recovering maximum compensation. Premises liability lawsuits can become very complex, so it is vital to seek the help of an injury attorney you can trust. At James J. Quail & Associates, P.C., we have seen devastating effects from these types of accidents and help our clients obtain the justice they are owed.

What to Do After an Accident:

  • Seek medical help immediately. If necessary, call 911 to see to your injuries. Even if they aren’t seemingly serious, go see your doctor as soon as possible.
  • Take note of what you tripped on. If available use your cell phone camera to take a photo of the tripping hazard or write down detailed notes.
  • Find witnesses. Get the names and contact information of any witnesses. This can be extremely important in regards to your claim.
  • Contact an attorney. While your claim may seem straightforward, filing a claim can be complicated. Protect your right to compensation by calling a lawyer!

Filing a Trip & Fall Claim in New York

There are very strict procedures to follow, especially if the injury occurred on city property. You have exactly 90 days in which to file a notice of claim in this case. If the notice has not been filed in the given time frame, your right to filing a claim may be lost.

At James J. Quail & Associates, P.C. we know what it takes to successfully file a claim for compensation after a trip and fall incident. The process of filing a claim against a property owner or the City of New York takes a masterful understanding of the law. We have first-hand experience handling cases just like yours. Allow us to put our skill, knowledge, and resources to work for you today!

Start by contacting our Massapequa trip and fall attorney at (516) 246-2449.

Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation

No matter what your case involves, our firm understands you have already been through a great deal—physically, emotionally, and financially. By taking a moment to contact our office, you can learn more about your legal rights and options.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy